[matilda] Craft night tonight from 7pm

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Wed Nov 9 20:30:40 GMT 2005

The reasons why the common art room is not the best option for the
crafts workshop are as follows:
1. it's under construction: wet paint everywhere, window glass needs
glazing (water coming in), and fire signs to be renewed;
2. it's for the arts space collective use. an informal chat with another
person can't be regarded as a decision-making body. If yours is a
proposal, or a request, to the art space collective to share the space,
then i suppose everyone else will like to give their opinion, don't you
think?
3. Inclusivity: a crafts workshop perhaps would be better located at a
place where access was easier: not top floor of the building, difficult
handrails, etc.
4. On Monday meeting other places were suggested for workshops: both the
gig space collective and a proposal to build up place for permanent
workshops on ground floor

5 (At least, this is my understanding)

6. The crafts box only may be stored up at the common art room
temporarily (it's not very safe at the moment ). It is not a storage
room, dear folks,

Best luck with the group anyway,

amparo

Sorry i have only just read your email or i would have mentioned it to
you at mondays meeting.
The craft box was put in the communal art room on the suggestion of
using that room for crafts by a member of the art collective, i was not
aware of an upcoming show. I will look for another place to put it.
Lucy
(sorry if this is short but i don't have much time to use the internet)

On 11/7/05, *R&A* <robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
<mailto:robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk>> wrote:

     >  The craft supplies box (up in the communal art room) is growing
    by the
     >> day

    Dear Lucy,

    Just to let you know that there will soon be (date to be confirmed) a
    Zomaz exhibition upstairs: the communal art room's space will be needed
    for that purpose, to display the works.

    I'm glad that the craft supplies box is growing by the day, but
    couldn't
    it be stored somewhere else? There is plenty of storage room (for
    example, downstairs next to cafe there is a storage room for the circa
    clowns army, where the craft box may be more safe than upstairs: just a
    suggestion.

    good luck and see ya tomorrow at the meeting, perhaps,

    amp
    0114 2394613