[matilda] Web site / Web Forums

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Nov 17 13:54:19 GMT 2005

Ok ..  Heres a plan

..I'm gonna install vanilla  ( http://getvanilla.com/ )tonight, unless  there
are some better ideas.  It generates an ATOM feed so we can display the latest
forum news at

http://www.matilda.aktivix.org/forum/ and have the forum installed at
http://www.matilda.aktivix.org/.cgi/forum ( thanks chris for that idea )

The forum is quite attractive and skinnable (see
http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:styles ) the css gurus and web
developers can customise the look  easily.

I'll be there till about 8pm no later..

Unless there are better ideas.

Of course all the fun stuff will start after the boring techie bits are over.

If Matilda wants a web forum, it'll need somebodies to be
administrators,moderators, create topic themes, ban people etc.  Dunno who
wants to do that. Forums are very hierarchical.

PS i picked Vanilla because.

0.  It generates RSS/ATOM
1.  Its prettier than the other forums in its vanilla mode
2.  its developer is a "Hugger". http://markosullivan.ca/

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily