[matilda] refugee repatriation

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Wed Nov 30 11:57:52 GMT 2005

Mark there are allways updates on iraq at my blog which is
http://peace.lowtech.org/blog todays update

TABLE OF CONTENTS UPDATE 29 11 05
By Voices for Creative Non-violence: Hello, today all the info on this
blog is what is happening in Iraq update from e mail goto {FOR UPDATES} If
there is more updates they will be posted here

"Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is
mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity
of man."

Gandhi

Four members of Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) working in Baghdad were
abducted there this past Saturday, November 26. Having worked with the
organization over many years, we feel deepest respect for their courage
and tenacity. CPTs statement in response to the kidnapping {appears on
their website}

In the course of this year alone, many thousands of Iraqis have
experienced anguish because their loved ones have been abducted, tortured,
disappeared and murdered. The Christian Peacemaker Team members dedicate
themselves to living alongside ordinary Iraqis during this time of intense
suffering. They have steadily reported the affects of occupation and war
on the many people whom they’ve befriended since they first began working
in Iraq in October 2002.

Tom Fox, one of thte four CPT members being held, {maintains a blog which
we recommend for further insight into CPTs work}.

Reporters and human rights worker around the world are indebted to the
careful work done by Christian Peacemaker Team members as they
documentated abuses suffered by people detained in U.S. run prisons.

CPT has consciously chosen to not take sides in the conflict that rages in
Iraq—other than to take the side of advocating for Iraqis who are treated
unfairly and are suffering during this war.

Members of CPT willingly undertook the risks of living amongst Iraqis, in
a common neighborhood outside of the infamous Green Zone. They sought no
protection from weapons or armed guards—trusting in, and benefiting from,
the goodwill of the Iraqi people.

We harbor no ill will towards those responsible for the abduction of our
friends and colleagues. Just as we hope no harm will befall our friends
and colleagues—we trust that no harm will befall those who abducted them.
We hope and pray that those responsible for the abduction of the four CPT
members will recognize their common humanity and release them unharmed.

The info in {brackets} is a link to other pages goto the blog for web copy
hope this is of use for yourself and others:

0742