[matilda] Re: Rumsfeld declares US pull-out

Mr Jase Malgod spodulike at freeuk.com
Wed Nov 30 14:22:54 GMT 2005

mark cohen writes:

>> "It is the Iraqis' country, 28 million of them. They are perfectly
>> capable of running that country."
>
> But only after US and allied help in completely screwing it up first it
> seems.

Exactly, and I certainly wouldn't bet on a US withdrawal anywhere this side
of 2007, well not unless the place goes up in flames which is always a
possibility...

And after reading the washington post article I can conclude Rummy still
makes me feel sick. He somehow neglected mentioning that the Iraqi security
forces are themselves largely divided amongst sectarian lines in
anticipation of civil war. His fellow slug* George is laying down the US
escape plan in the next hour:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4484330.stm

Jason

*my apologies to any innocent slugs who may have read this post