[matilda] Social centres, funding and the PGA Hallmarks

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 6 10:30:36 BST 2005

Hi

On Thu 06-Oct-2005 at 10:07:43AM +0100, Chris wrote:

> On Thu 06-Oct-2005 at 09:32:47AM +0100, dan at aktivix.org
> wrote:
>
> > So, anyway, maybe someone can tell me you're
> > joking....
> >
> > If not, it's been nice working with you, and I'll miss
> > you, but I ain't working with any group with such
> > authoritarian tendencies...
>
> Um, so if you don't get you way you simply walk away...?

Of course that should have read:

  Um, so if you don't get *your* way you simply walk away...?

The people who have been pushing for the adoption of the
PGA Hallmarks have been *very* paticient -- these were
originally raised back in July and at *many* meetings it
was decided that there wasn't time to discuss them.

The people who were wanting to argue in favour of them
being adopted have had to wait almost 4 months before they
had a change to put their reasons forward as to why they
should be adopted. During this 4 month period did any of
these people walk away?

I hope that there is time to have further discussion about
this on Monday -- I'm keen to have the oppertunity to try
to convince any people that are unsure that it would be a
good thing that we collectively agree to adopt them
(though I'll be late due to child care committments...).

People pushing for the PGA hallmarks haven't issued any
ultimatiums (that I'm aware of) -- Dan you seem to be the
only person saying "Adopt the PGA hallmarks or I walk out"
-- how does a position like this fit in with consensus
decision making?

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World