[matilda] the PGA - my little bit

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 20:52:50 BST 2005

Perhaps the irony has not been caught by this reader, but for me, your
paragraphs are a warning that for good reasons perhaps the PGA halmarks
should not be adopted... they express fears that if they were adopted
they might lead to unwanted results (yes?), so if i don't want to be led
to a kind of stalinist dictatorship disguised as wooly-liberal, i should
block their adoption indeed as a matter of principle;)

  2)There is a potential that they will be used to exclude/restrict/devalue
 > other peoples activities and these are activities that arent evil and
 > arent being carried out by state-infiltrators etc... but maybe arent as
 > political as people want them to be (e.g. art & music) or include trying
 > to persuade (lobby) certain NGOs or regeneration bodies etc...

 > 4)I dont think that the PGA halmarks are designed to be applied to
 > building and are better applied to direct action/affinity group.

Well, in your last paragraph (i mean number five 5) here down), you seem
to state the opposite, i mean, i would have thought that NGOs or similar
quango's would want us to adopt the PGA hallmarks for some reason...
(even if they originally entail a "clear rejection of capitalism"...)[ o
very tricky interpretations... ]

amp