[matilda] C90 gig space etc

trollyd at burngreave.net trollyd at burngreave.net
Sun Oct 9 12:24:48 BST 2005

hi all

sorry to come late on the discussions about this we've been away and
the traffic on the list means we missed the actual time when people were talkin
about it...

from trollyd/tra point of view

you all know that we have been part of the sheffield party/protest scene for
quite a while now...we have always operated on simple principles...we generate
free power=free music for U...we see parties as small glimses of a self
organised heaven...they are political acts...we always have politcal stuff at
our freeparties...you may have noticed us wearing masks which is our way of
saying that we are opposed to the 'superstar DJ' culture...we never charge for
stuff...except benefits...

we dont expect all soundsystems/bands to run this way but clearly people make
choices about the way they opperate

we have been involved with matilda and we done that cos we like the emerging
diy/anti corporate ethic which bring us to the discussion about the C90
event...we have no personal issues with these guys they do their own shit and
thats cool... but is it the same as 'our(matilda) shit?...the same issue came
up at the post G8 gig with Riddimtion who as far as we remember weren't really
involved with the G8 actons

now guys... these people may be cool and good at their shit but is this the
only
criteria for people doing stuff at matilda?

as far as charging and numbers of a £1000 being banded about... its all
bullshit...we are very clear we DON'T charge right... if people charge its a
finacial transaction...you've bought it...its owned by someone who's traded it
for money to u...it's CAPITALISM stoopid

so on certain nights matilda stops being a massive alternative doodah and
becomes an 'underground' leadmill where only people with money can be cool

we are very concerned about some of the bollox justifcations on the list for
these kind of events like:

..'that for so long was the only so called real music here in sheffield'
thanx ww3 for the vote of confidence

we are too old and wise to waste time on building the careers of local 'stars'
we're in this for the duration not for the £cash$

so what next...more 'cool' paid nights inviting scrutiny from plod and not so
happy local club owners... or taking ourself outside of their market place and
relcaiming enjoyment for US

stuff and stuff
muke and munki trollyd