parties for october was:[matilda] C90 gig space etc

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Mon Oct 10 14:01:10 BST 2005

Hi,

Rockie has made and excellent point about DIY - that if we need 14 to 20 people
to definitely make something happen, it automatically self-selects events that
are truly DIY, and really fit with what we're trying to do.  (I think!)

I'd say that we should put something to that effect in the MATILDA write-up of
how events should happen.

That would mean no-one can go:

"Can we do a gig?"

"Yeah - sure!" (Says the Monday's meeting.)

"Right - we need 14 people covering the night."

... deathly silence...

Anyone wanting to make the night happen should, perhaps, have a standard(ish)
sheet on which all namespaces need to be filled in before the event can then be
confirmed.  Someone can be leading that - it would then be their job to run
about corralling people into agreeing to help.

And anyone agreeing to help would have to take that seriously.

So, er, yeah, just saying what Rockie said again! Ace.

Dan