[matilda] Re: C90 gig space etc

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 17:39:56 BST 2005

>I came along late and had to pay to get in which defined me as
>gavin punter. This did not give me an inclination to help out.
>Why should I pay  to work at an event when I don't even know
>where the money is going

gavin> On the night all of us paid in, the bar and door workers
gavin> included. There are so many of us who help out in so many ways,
gavin> that if we start saying who should and shouldn't pay, it gets
gavin> messy. The only safe way seems to say, yes, we all help the
gavin> space, but we all pay in.

I think both Cuthberts and Rocky/Dans solutions might be the way to go
in future then, though this may automatically rule out more C90 type
of events in the future.

steve