[matilda] Urban Decay???

dougald hine writetodougald at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:46:25 BST 2005

I don't know if Eric's on the list, so I'm kind of answering for him.

1. As I understand it, the actual theme of the show is 'interventions'
in a context of Urban Decay - which is just what Matilda is. There's
no denying the building itself has been allowed to decay for a number
of years by the powerful organisations that have owned and neglected
it. Then Mark invited us lot in, and we intervened to create something
new and exciting and unexpected in that context.

2. Can we change it? Not really. That text was a call for submissions
which was agreed by the Monday meeting five or six weeks ago. It's
since been published in various places, bringing in loads of
submissions for the exhibition. The deadline for submissions was
yesterday.

--
Dougald Hine
46 Alderson Road, Sheffield S2 4UD