Commercial activity, exchange and capitalism, was: Re: [matilda] gigspace collective related-proposal

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Tue Oct 11 17:49:54 BST 2005

Hey up,

Going to visit the Hub in London this weekend.  They charge money for use - but
as they say, it's "£10 if you don't use it much, more if you want to be here a
lot more..."

http://www.the-hub.net/

and

http://www.the-hub.net/how_much/

The issue for me is that nothing is free.  Free as in freedom still costs -
whether that's money, or calories, or exchange or whatever.

But what something like the Hub recognises is that the capitalist / landlord /
serf mode of doing things ain't the future...

Took them two years to get that going.  Yikes.

Dan
---

All open plan, open source, open shmopen

Quoting gavin at cyber-rights.net: