[matilda] nights in Sheffield...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Oct 12 01:03:19 BST 2005

Simon says:

> My friends who were in said it was a blinding gig, and I can't stress
> enough how much we need that to happen in the sanitised & formulaic
> entertainment world we have today. Incidentally there was very little
> noise getting out of the building, unlike some of the other
> establishments in the area.

Yeah - sanitised entertainment is what brings in the money.  None of the
clubs where people don't drink as much, and don't end up getting into
fights at the end of the night, don't make enough dosh on the bar.

It's difficult for me to hold this against club-owners, coz I don't know
the costs - only that they're really, really high and that opening a
venue is always a risky business.

But something along the lines of the hub... a membership club, but for
music making and listening and dancing... mmm... wonder what will come
of all this stew? Something tasty, I hope...

Dan