[matilda] Comms

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 13 09:30:41 BST 2005

Hia,

Just a coupla little points on communicating -

1. There was a meeting last night - I found out coz I turned up late.  Did that
meeting go on the list, coz I had no idea about it? What was it about? Maybe it
did and I've just not been paying attention...

Was it at the end of an e-mail?

Anyway - the point from that: it occurs to me that we've agreed meetings before
- e.g. the Wednesday meetings we've had previously - and then not actually
written an e-mail to the list saying 'meeting planned for...' (It may be in the
minutes, but not everyone's going to read through it.)

So: proposal - for any upcoming events or meetings, we make sure that someone's
volunteered to just pen a quick e-mail with that as the *main* subject, not
buried somewhere...

(In the case of last night, it may just be that I read it and forgot! But at any
rate, I still think this proposal's worth doing...)

2. Related to that: Gig stuff.  Lots and lots of getting the gig space ready,
and gig meetings etc, happened - but no-one from that collective ever invited
the rest of us to join in, and I never knew when work was being done.  Same for
if and when staging is built, or whatever.

Again, I'm not suggesting for a minute this was deliberate - it's just easy to
forget to let others know, and a quick e-mail saying 'we're building stage
stuff on this day!' would be greatly appreciated!

There we are then...

love

Dan