[matilda] Monday meeting notes

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 22:30:18 BST 2005

Dear all,

Thank you very much for the meeting notes, minutes and for the enormous
work done on the ground floors of the building, by all persons who were
cleaning, reassembling and removing stuff.

In view of the minutes, just a quick comment on the paragraph related to
Art05 event practicalities, to be discussed next coming Monday if put on
the agenda.
Both Eric and Reka, curators of this fringe event (the Art05 exhibition
at Matilda) gave a submission workshop on October 8th, Saturday, which
was well attended, i have been told, where several agreeements were made
in relation to the publicity of the event. The curators themselves will
tell you more.

Some basic questions are asked on the Wiki, section Art05, art
collective, in relation to the practicalities of the event (methodology,
rotas, publicity, delivery of works). You can read them at:

https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Art05

(bottom of page)

We'd like to start working asap on both rooms booked, but help will be
needed from outside (removal, cleaning)and very welcome. We intend to
start approximately after the dissent gathering, since there is already
a delivery date for works...

Best wishes from

amp

> What needs to be decided is:
>
>    1. how many days a week the show will be open,
>          1. the times from and until, and
>                1. who will be able to supervise the space during open hours, ideally a rota would be set up, to include artist, volunteers and (author of project, Eric Winnert).
>

> Author: Eric Winnert You can view some of his works here: Eric Winnert

Dear all,
       O.K. I picked these up last night and will do my
best.  I've put them on the Wiki

Notes of meeting Monday 10th October

D - talked about the progress made in his proposal for
an acoustic night.

R - has an idea for a communal walk (somewhere nice)
on a day this week or next.

R - proposal for an awareness raising & money raising
event the weekend of 11-13 Novemeber in relation to
prisoner support.

J - requires room for massage group.

R - proposal for an announcements only E-Mail list of
upcoming Matilda events.  S has already actioned this.

D - Would there be a big MATILDA launch event?  No,
not until we get more legal info.

? - Proposal that Asylum seekers can gain access to
Hacklab at specific times.  Hacklab to be open on a
Thursday afternoon from 12noon.  People needed to sign
up on a rota to manage the space for this time.
People manageing the space should be in the Hacklab
not just in the building.

   - Workday Tuesday

J - Dissent Gathering.  People staying Friday, Sat and
maybe Sunday nights.  Everybody welcome to take part
in the Dissent meering.  Dinner Sat. evening, people
welcome to come to that.

   - 'No Borders' Magical Mystery Tour is on Saturday.
Prepartion meeting on Thursday

   - Much discussion of Hunt Sab Party on Sat 22nd Oct.

   - Fat Moon party Friday 21st Oct not agreed upon.
Fat Moon suggested a Christmas Party 16th Dec to come
to be proposed at next meeting.

   - Party collective planning meeting on Wednesday at
8pm

   - Cooks signed up for Thursday socials for next 2
weeks

   - Feedback required about Art05.  Start thinking
about practicalities of this event.  To be put on
agenda for next week.

   - Proposal to use space for making banners for
international womens day.

   - Inclusivity working group

   - Indymedia Film Fest confirmed, but party is
awaiting next meeting for decision.

   - Facilitating next Monday's meeting S & A