[matilda] Flyer n events...

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Wed Oct 19 10:29:05 BST 2005

Allo again

.. A few meetings back we mentioned getting all upcoming events and workshops
down, so's we could make a programme-type flyer.

Does anyone fancy helping me do that some time this / next week, so they're
available for the 27th?  Say, brainstorming all events / workshops on Monday,
then making it...?

Being rather lazy, I wouldn't mind re-using an old SSF flyer wot I did in Feb -

https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Resource-WhyDontYou

 - which fits nicely with getting people to do stuff, and has pictures of people
breaking TVs, which makes me happy. (Obviously changing all text and branding
to MATILDA...)

Events could go on back...

Er - my two offerings are going to be:

1. Voice workshop.
http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-September/000479.html

2. Firestaff fun! We'll get a big pile of dowling, some newspaper and tape, and
we'll make practice sticks suited to the kind of weight that's good for you,
and start spinning a stick round our heads and throwing it about.  Once some
time has passed, you'll have saved your pennies, and be ready to play with
fire! Ha ha! Although not in the basement...

Proper firesticks cost about £40 up, so having a practice one is good so you
don't damage the wicks and aren't worried about breakage. (The remnants of my
last practice stick still reside in the basement...)

Firestaff is also very, very good movement meditation, and great for sorting
your head out.

This could expand into general swizzling, including poi, if anyone else wants to
do that...?

Oh! p.s. saw the new kitchen on Monday.  I almost wept with the beauty of it.
What a f**king fantastic space! WOW!

love

Dan