[matilda] Monday meeting & gig policy

Becky noborders123 at onetel.com
Wed Oct 19 12:12:21 BST 2005

things are often tense cos there is not enough time to discuss things
properly.  When people care alot about things being rushed can lead to
frustration and misunderstandings which then can't be rectified.
This was certainly the case at the last meeting

At the next monday meeting there is a huge amount of really urgent stuff to
get through

PLEASE can we not spend a fifth of the meeting time playing games

Instead can we all be more conscious of time (start bang on 7.45, keep
contributions short and necessary etc) and what we have to get through,
whilst being considerate of differing, strongly held views and the necessity
of finding ways to move the bigger project forward.

Playing 'really silly games' has never made me friends with anyone, working
together in a respectful way has.
However I know different things work for different people so my point here
is really about a shortage of time.

Also in the spirit of trying to minimise misunderstandings I think the
minutes of the gig policy need to be amended
Chris wrote:

"Gig policy
There was a long discussion...
The gig collective proposed that they be given a two month
period to use the space and there was a consensus on this."

this needs to be changed to make it clear that during this 2m period the gig
SPACE collective will not be providing financial info (such as amount
expected to be taken on the door and what will be done with any (unlikely)
profits) in advance of gigs.  And then this approach will be reviewed.
Otherwise it doesn't reflect what the discussion was all about.
maybe someone else can provide a better wording (maybe Rocky or someone who
has the wording that Rocky said was contentious from the form)
and can someone then put it on the wiki

Becky