[matilda] Clarity over Gig space collective proposals

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 17:32:48 BST 2005

cuthbert> For example: I would not be happy voluneering my time for
cuthbert> nothing in order to put on a greenday gig or any other big
cuthbert> commercial band for that matter.

Well I've never heard of Greenday but it seems strange to refuse a
band the space just because lots of people like them. Also if a band
brings in a different crowd to the norm that has to be good thing.

I guess the problem here is that no one wants to volunteer their time
to help make a rich band even richer. Maybe we should have some cap on
profits that a band can make. Once above a certain amount extra
profits go to Matilda.

steve