[matilda] Re: I wanna learn to DJ

Mr Jase Malgod spodulike at freeuk.com
Tue Oct 25 17:01:42 BST 2005

dan at aktivix.org writes:
> Q for linux-folk: AFAIK, MP3 format is generally not supported coz it's
> proprietary.  Linux apps tend to use the ogg-vorbis format for audio...?  Is
> that right?

I wouldn't count myself as Linux folk but that is right.

On that note after the last post around this topic (involving the rather
good http://access.lowtech.org/loss/) found snackamp
(http://snackamp.sourceforge.net/) which is a nice little music player with
a good starts-right-where-you-left-off function.

I'd like to be involved in a general collaborative musical exercise type
thing. There was thoughts around having live music n stuff but then it would
be good to have a real creative push around rather than just covers n stuff.
Loadsof music gets written down without the push to get it into the real
world. Would be good to have some sort of acoustic/digital/vocal/musical jam
type thang.

If I get mad enough to quit work I'll get it up and running :D

Jason