[matilda] Creche/Playgroup was Re: Doug the man and atw

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:38:23 BST 2005

Teachers certainly need a police background check. I have had to have
one in order to do trade justice work with sixth formers, and another to
give A-level tuition. Police checks are fun.

relatives and friends would not be considered to need a check, as any
daycare they provided would be 'unofficial' rather than courtesy of a
business or organisation. If someone I know asks me to look after their
kid, and we happen to be in Matilda, that would be one thing, but if
Matilda offers a creche service, then it would be advisable to dot the
i's and cross the t's.

Chris