[matilda] Re: MATILDA Website time?

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Sep 6 16:36:59 BST 2005

Hi

On Tue 06-Sep-2005 at 08:29:37AM -0700,
gavin at cyber-rights.net wrote:

> I think we're getting to the point where a full,
> seperate website for 'external' people to look at would
> make things simpler, and then if we kept the inevitably
> increasingly chaotic wiki for 'internal' stuff? It could
> still be linked to from this website, but a simple
> 'upcoming events' and 'how to get involved' type thing
> might be friendlier to new/curious folks.

Yeah, makes sense...

Static HTML or a CMS...?

And who wants to set this up / host it?

We could use a sub domain (see domain name ecology:
http://help.riseup.net/hosting/dns/) like:
http://matilda.aktivix.org/ or get a new domain name
(costs money and all the good ones are taken)...

> Hell, plenty of us who've been involved for a while
> still don't understand the wiki...

Right, well I was thinking that we need to draw up a list
of sessions to run at tha Hacklab and I guess a "Using a
Wiki" session is needed :-)

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World