[matilda] Defining Matilda

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Sep 21 09:57:45 BST 2005

Hi

On Wed 21-Sep-2005 at 09:23:33AM +0100, dan at aktivix.org
wrote:

> *What* Direct action? *What* civil disobedience?

Well I agree there isn't much happening in Sheffield but
what about the sit down protests on the anti-war and g8
demos, what about things like 9 Ladies etc...

> To what end?  Bringing down the system? OK - where do
> you propose starting in Sheffield?

Well I think what we are doing is a start...

> Take a look at Wikipedia's entry on direct action :
>
> .. contains two totally different strands, as far as I'm
> concerned.  I don't want to intimidate, harrass or
> sabotage.

Sure, me neither, but just because it says this on the
Wikipedia it doesn't mean we have to do it does it!

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World