[matilda] write up from meeting

Becky noborders123 at onetel.com
Thu Sep 22 10:39:05 BST 2005

thanks for writing this up
2 things:
1. I think that these lists could make some nice posters to have around the
place and thereby partially meet the need to have something on the walls
about matilda when people come into the space.  I'd favour it being made
clear that they were work in progress.  However before someone more artistic
than myself paints them up into nice posters I think they need a tiny bit of
refinement for ease of reading/understanding if they are to stay under the
headings of WHAT, HOW and FOR.
eg: under HOW 'co-operatively' rather than 'Co-operation' etc
also I'd suggest changing 'peacefully' to 'peace' and shifting it from HOW
to FOR which would, I think, overcome any hesitation we had in our group.

2. under WHAT we've got
'Defined by practice as much as ideals'
there was abit of discussion about this last night and I thought
a. that the word was ideas not ideals
and
b. that any objections had been overcome by rephrasing it as 'as well as'
rather than 'as much as' - as it is under the HOW section
ie:
'defined by practice as well as ideas'

I'll not be there on monday's meeting as I'm away all next week but if for
any reason the follow on meeting gets put off till the week beginning the
3rd Oct then I'd be happy to put energy into getting something finalised we
can put on the walls
Becky