[matilda] Coupla agenda items...

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Mon Sep 26 16:29:48 BST 2005

Allo,

I've stuck a couple more agenda items up - one on preparing a workshop programme
for the coming months. (I've proposed three, Gavin's got some, the Hacklab
should have some too... enough for a glossy brochure!)

The other's  more contentious: I know we've covered this, but - sorry - I wanna
bring it up again.

Do we really want to have any more huge parties? Cuthbert got the meeting to
guarantee we shouldn't cancel any, but the more I think about it, the more like
madness this seems.

Gigs - OK.  They can finish relatively early, and not be too chaotic.

But huge parties, potentially going on to the early hours?

1. They may well hasten the end of MATILDA considerably - the police will
eventually want to close us down. BAAAD!
2. Do we actually have any first aiders, if something goes wrong? An all-round
health and safety nightmare!

It's point 1 that does it for me, though.  MATILDA is starting to do some
fantastic things.  Gigs definitely fit in with the Ethos, but all-night
pounding Techno?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a techno-monkey myself.  But weighing up having banging
parties against risking losing this wonderful social centre space...? It's a
no-brainer for me.

Especially if you consider that all-night parties *could* just happen somewhere
else - any old abandoned building - and still act as MATILDA fund-raisers.

So - yeah, bringing that up again.  I just don't wanna see MATILDA get shut down
just yet! (maybe I'm too cautious...?)

See ya later...

Dan