[matilda] Why no CATS? and other thoughts

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Fri Apr 21 05:44:39 BST 2006

Contrary to Dani's wishes or fears, a list can't be regarded as a
"paranoid" master's courtyard... from where strayed dogs run away...
Here you have my brilliant contributions.

* First thought: Why no Tom Cats, the lovely mammals, to defeat or
counteract our vegan rat friends? A Cat Collective could be easily
created, joined by children and grown ups alike, willing to save Matilda
from the environmental health forces. A Cat Collective so that the cats
could be used for different purposes.

Likely answers:
Because cats could be fed non vegan food, thus increasing the problem.../
Because cats could be kidnapped by non vegans?/
Because the cafe collective doesn't like cats./

Believe it or not, a good portion of yesterdays' art meeting was devoted
to this puzzling fact of life. Why no wild cats, rats natural predators?
Funny, cheaper, cleaner... easier than owls.

Then we were embraced by the Ephimeral as in "Fragments of an ephimeral
summer's breeze..."

However rest assured art collective will not produce any cats other than
  symbols, magic spells and charms to lure the real thing... as in
"primitive art" ... who knows.

My last thought is strictly feminist, applied cultural anthropology:
In a given territory, time and space, men will behave according to some
previously acquired cultural patterns, whatever their present rational
goals might be, Their power struggles will overshadow or underline
whatever they do and all kinds of actions and ommissions. Therefore
women will tend to become trapped between men's power struggles (skipped
not so much out of fraud but of blindness).

(controversial)

Love,

Amp