[matilda] The Mole Newspaper

Benjamin Major complexitybenjamin at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:00:52 GMT 2006

Hi Matilda folk,

How are things? I haven't been down to Matilda much so far this year; as
many of you will know I was away for six weeks over and through Christmas
and New Year and all that... I hope to get there on Thursday evening.

In the meantime, check out on the wiki at

https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/The_Mole

the hypothetical front cover of 'The Mole', a potential new monthly pamphlet
containing details of campaigns, demos, film nights, benefit gigs etc... not
only things happening at Matilda but also in the wider Sheffield activist
community. I think that a very good idea for a first issue would be to
include some personal reflections from people who have been involved in the
Matilda project from the beginning (well, not nesscesarily the beginning,
but at least people who have staked a lot of time into the project), perhaps
someone from each collective, talking about what have been exciting and/or
difficult parts of the whole endeavour, and what they see as the future for
the Matilda collective.

Also, I would like to make contact with someone who is a better illustrator
then myself to make some black and white mole-inspired small illustrations
for the pamphlet. Any takers on this one, or any ideas on people who might
be keen.

Also, I prevented myself from recieving e-mails from the Matilda discussion
list while I was travelling and have seen little reason to get back on to it
since I've returned as a quick flick through the archives does just as well,
so any replies to this e-mail should be direct to me and not just the list.

Take care alll till I see you next.

Benjamin.