[matilda] Brazil!

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Feb 16 15:36:07 GMT 2006

Allo

Am I allowed to propose things on-list?  Hope so.

If so -

I would very much like to invite you to an evening of food and film,
whereby I cook a feck-off big pot of stuff and we play "Brazil".

I can't find details of Thursday bookings at the mo - can someone send
me a link and I'll propose a date.  Shall we provisionally say March 2nd?

"Brazil", if you haven't seen it, is written by Terry Gilliam and Tom
Stoppard.  It's a black comedy, set in a dystopian bureaucratic
authoritarian state, under attack from various nasty terrorist types...

Notable Quotes:

On terrorism - "Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to
have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing
the other fellow win."

Arresting Officer: "This is your receipt for your husband...and this is
my receipt for your receipt."

Dan