[matilda] Re: Critique of capitalism..Proposal for workshop(s)

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Mon Feb 20 18:22:49 GMT 2006

Quoting Gareth Hallam <fifteen_counts at yahoo.co.uk>:

> ''...i feel i have to kick against this not for my interest but for the
> interest of those this world defines as working class...''
>
> so you're now acting an other peoples behalf, a la 'representative
> democracy', what party will you be joining next then? ;-)
>
> anyway i'd like to discuss bob black's work, he's not famous just for his
> pamphlet 'the abolition of work', he often supplies thorough critiques
> towards post-leftist anarchy...and maybe a series of discussions around
> this topic, and some sort of effort made to discuss critiques of the
> institutions that dominate us from technology, work, roles, activism,
> ideology....

Whilst we're discussing revolutionary theory, and as important as the 1st
International, the Frankfurt School, the SI, are to our understanding of the
world, I'd like to add another "school of thought" which I have often found
much more inspiring and and easier to follow examples of revolutionary praxis.

http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/finearts/faculty/molotiu/images/freak0.jpg
http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/finearts/faculty/molotiu/images/freak1.jpg
http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/finearts/faculty/molotiu/images/freak2.jpg
http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/finearts/faculty/molotiu/images/freak3.jpg
http://www.louisville.edu/a-s/finearts/faculty/molotiu/images/freak4.jpg

I hope you find these equally inspiring ;-)

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily