[matilda] 6am, 2am - no fucking way..

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 15:15:03 GMT 2006

Chris> Out of interest, could someone give me a second
Chris> perspective/explanation of what actually went on / was supposed
Chris> to go on on Saturday. I find it quite disempowering to have
Chris> these arguments going when I have no idea what they're about!

There was a benefit gig for an animal sanctuary. The main Matilda
person organising it was unfortuantely ill. Then the other gig
collective folk were also poorly and left early too. Some others left
early to get a bus. But there were a few other Matilda people around
to help out, run the bar, do the door etc.

There was some confusion over the time the event was supposed to
finish. The benefit folk had been under the impression it was
finishing at 2am. The Matilda folk had thought 12.

There weren't that many people there which was a great shame as the
people putting it on went to a lot of trouble with decor, lighting and
sound systems. The spaces (gig and C90 rooms) both looked really good.

There were two bands I think. The first didn't end till around
11.30ish and the Matilda people didn't talk much with the folks
organising it - well we weren't even sure who they were.

Anyway we all decided it was fine to carry on a bit. There was no
trouble etc. not even that many people. The music went off at 1.30 I
think. Those organising were very efficient at packing up all their
stuff there and then.

I was one of the last to leave at approx 3pm I think.

Apart from the lack of people it seemed a very good night. It was also
a bit too chilly. I heard one person lamenting this fact and I got
pretty cold myself.

I hope they made a bit of money from it after all the trouble they
went to.

That's about it.

steve