[matilda] faslane 365

nickwiltsher at warpmail.net nickwiltsher at warpmail.net
Tue Feb 28 22:33:33 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I and some other matilda-ites just been to a meeting about forming a
sheffield group to contribute to the faslane 365 campaign
(www.faslane365.org).  Briefly, this is a project to organise a
continuous non-violent blockade of the faslane nuke base by mobilising
hundred-strong groups to continue the blockade for 48 hours in rotation.
 This meeting was the first about organsing such a group in Sheffield.

This is something i think we could contribute to in a way beneficial for
the project and for us. I've put it on the agenda for monday.  But to
kick things off, maybe for collectives to discuss prior to monday,
here's some things i and others who were there think we could do:

~contribute an affinity group to the sheffield group - surely we can
muster 20-30 people? (also, support will be needed for the blockaders -
food etc...)

~share past experience of direct action organisation, techniques etc -
sounds like some, or many, involved have little such experience.

~help facilitate the sheffield group by offering website/email list
expertise (hi, hacklabbers!), space for meetings and trainings, and
opportunities for benefit events.

What do people think?  What else could we do? Are these good ideas?

think about it before monday...

cheers

Nick