[matilda] A new collective!

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 22:43:08 GMT 2006

The plans for the collectives sounds great so inspired by this new
creative direction you are hereby invited to join ...

The Ketamine Collective
-----------------------

IMPORTANT: The Ketamine Collective does not support or encourage the
imbibing of any illicit or licit substance, be it chemical, animal
vegetable or nasal.

First off the Ketamine collective is not a party collective or place
for wreckheads to come and get wrecked. Rather, it is a serious
campaigning group concerned with the increasing government
interference with human beings' private affairs.

We aim to dispel the myths that have been peddled by government and
the media regarding various plants and substances. We will use
rigorous scientific research to answer important questions like: is
ketamine is more harmful than crack or extasy, alcohol or tobacco or
Ruth's vegan chocolate cake. Research will be carried out by informal
interviews with users and some specially conducted scientific tests in
real life situations.

The group intends to be self financing. We aim raise money through a
series of extended social and musical events at Matilda.

The campaign will be promoted via a range of organic, sweatshop free,
cotton T-shirts, hand painted commemorative mugs and the exclusive
Ketamine Collective quarterly newsletter: KCQN (for subscribers only).

If you want join the collective come and see us on the 16th (part 1)
and pick up your membership form. If we're not at Matilda we might be
down the pub.

NB. Membership will be on a strictly first come first serve basis. We
reserve the right to refuse membership to any person we deem to be a
liability to the movement or otherwise unsuitable.

Collective Statement
--------------------

On the 1st of January 2005 new laws came into effect making it illegal
to possess or even pick a certain variety of mushroom. This year the
widely used and harmless party drug ketamine was made illegal for the
first time in this country. This year the government has plans to
change the common herb cannabis into a class b drug.

Where will it all end? If we carry on down this path we may soon find
that peanuts are defined as an illegal drug and growers of broccoli
may find themselves facing charges of intent to supply.

1. We see this unprovoked war on ketamine users as part of a wider
attack by the government against the working class as a whole.
Therefore we aim to unite all forms of struggle from workplace
disputes to imperialist aggression to campaigns for free bus services.
Ketamine users will not be free until public transport is free as
well.

2. We are committed to all forms of peaceful, incoherent, nonviolent
and indolent types of action.

3. We believe that a society that cannot tolerate ketamine use cannot
tolerate some other things as well. Therefore we see no reason to
tolerate such a society.

4. Number 4 will be discussed in our first meeting.

Our webpage will be at:
http://www.matilda.aktivix.org/collectives/ketamine/

QUOTES
~~~~~~

"If I can't party it's not my revolution."

"First they came for the cannabis smokers and I did not speak out
because I only smoke skunk. Then they came for the DMT smokers and I
did not speak out because I could not get hold of any DMT. Then they
came for the mushrooms munchers but I did not speak out because I
didn't have any mushrooms left. Finally they came for me and the only
people left were the smakheads who were far too fucked to do owt."