[matilda] collectives

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Wed Jan 18 23:41:51 GMT 2006

Hi

Quoting Chad Lumber <idlebeaver at googlemail.com>:

> Why should anyone have to be part of a collective?  Who controls the
> building and by what authority?

I don't think you have to be part of a collective .. The hacklab is open on a
Thursday evening ( when volunteers are available ).

You can come along and make use of the facilities there on a Thursday without
revealing your identity .. ( a bit like this mailing list heh! )

Most people putting positive effort into 'doing stuff' do that by engaging with
others.

So if you want be creative in an 'arty'way. you could meet other artists and
engage in conversation, discussion, sharing paint .. ( i dunno .. stuff that
artists do together)

If you're interested in fiddling with computers come on down to the hacklab and
show us a thing or too there.

What do you like to do ?

> The Matilda is not inclusive. Whether by accident or design the Matilda
> excludes people who aren't from an affluent background.

I fail to see evidence to support this statement. Please provide.

> No doubt there will be a suitably pompous response to this email.

I hope this suffices

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily