[matilda] Re: collectives (to dear Chad)

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Fri Jan 20 03:56:46 GMT 2006

> That happens in any context where people have worked and played
> together. And its easy enough to be lazy about new people, and not talk
> to em - just coz its more mental effort than striking up a new
> conversation... By Christ, its the kinda thing that happens everywhere,
> from school onward.
>
> So that doesn't mean anyone's necessarily excluding anyone else.

Hej i liked that bit.

And the other paragraph by atw: real cool, guys.

Chad, i don't see that you've got to belong to any collective to take
part in a meeting: as a newcomer you can attend any meeting and
introduce yourself (that's why there is an introduction section).

If you're a bit interested in something going on here, then you may get
closer to a collective or to whoever you happen to fancy.

As it is, you will find any kind of positive physical or mental help
very welcome by the others: this is a moment when Matilda has become
more open and inclusive by sheer force and need, if you want,

in the same way (though i speak only for myself here): working inside a
team, engaging with others, as Alan remarked, is a wonderful method to
achieve many things:
rehabilitation (from substance abuse, for example)
reintegration
improving social behaviour
chastising your excessive ego
(look i even think you could relate this to the traditional marxist
Cuban policy: intellectuals to do manual work ... we've doing bloody
doing this since Matilda opened up...)

an exercise in becoming more humble

Saint amparo here below signing

Hej Chad, do come in to do some meditation at least.