[matilda] The Activist Trauma Network (some thoughts for the meeting monday)

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Sun Jan 22 16:28:38 GMT 2006

Hello below is a planed event and i think it be cool for some of The
Matilda communty to goto idd also say read
http://www.activist-trauma.net/abusivebehaviour.htm some thoughts info
there for all of includeing myself

0742

Saturday 4th February 2006 10am-5pm

The Activist Trauma Network is organising a day of discussion and
networking for all who are involved in promoting practical mutual support
in activist, campaigning and community groups. This is an ever expanding
area, as political work of any kind can be extremely demanding on every
level. Many, but not all of us, became involved in this work by having
first hand experience of trauma related to activism, police brutality,
burn-out, stress-related physical illness and mental health issues. We are
planning to discuss our own chosen work in these areas and expand on ideas
we may have for projects, make new contacts and give/receive constructive
feedback.

Workshops include:

An introduction to the Activist Trauma Network.
"Are we well enough ourselves to do this work?" Discussion. �
"Supervision: what is it"
"Dealing with the mental health system"
"How can we improve the activist-trauma website?"

Please note: This is not a therapeutic event; unfortunately there will be
no space for sharing our personal trauma on the day. However, we have
plans to do this in the future, so come along if you would like to make it
happen. People are encouraged to come for the whole day.

http://www.activist-trauma.net