[matilda] prees release for pretentiousartist.com

Simon Geller simon.geller at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 12:20:52 GMT 2006

> The 8 km long
> Five Weirs Walk runs alongside the River Don in Sheffield, England. From
> Lady's Bridge in Sheffield City Centre, it heads downstream, northwest,
> over the Cobweb Bridge, through Attercliffe to Meadowhall.
>
> As the name of the walk suggests, it passes five weirs. It is now possible
> to continue the walk along the Don, under the Tinsley Viaduct, to
> Rotherham.
Hi,

Happy to be part of "the movement" that created the Five Weirs Walk. As
well as providing Routes for People we always
hoped that it would inspire art and encourage people to go to places
they wouldn't normally see. Pleased to see that it has.

The Five Weirs Walk is part of the National Cycle Network & the
Trans-Pennine Trail, which will take you as far as you want to go.
Check it out.

Simon
Sustrans Liaison Ranger - Sheffield