[matilda] Bono is a complete nobcock. IMO.

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:05:45 GMT 2006

Hey all, don't know how many of you saw this, but I thought it was
adequately pathetic to be worth mentioning

Notice that Bono is collaborating with socially responsible employers
like Gap and Nike to screw over the people who actually make the
clothes, allowing the evil pigdog capitalists to undermine genuinely
ethical movements like Fairly Traded clothing. Given that the great
rallying call of Live8 was supposed to be Justice not Charity, I should
think that exploiting the workforce of the third world for the sake of
channeling a little money to fight aids is rather counterproductive. But
thats just cynical old me.

I have no words to express the contempt I feel for people who destroy
all the good work that the development movement does by trying to
empower the least responsible companies in the world. It is an indirect
flow of resources from the poor of the Far East to the poor of Africa,
indirect only in the sense that the money will stop of in the west for
rich businessman to cream their share off the top.

Angry face.