[matilda] "suit wearing westeners" was Re: Yorkshire Forward Solicitor Witness Statement

. adam at diamat.org.uk
Wed Jun 21 09:49:55 BST 2006

20/06/06 20:11 Alan Dawson wrote:

> It makes "interesting" reading
>
> http://www.matilda.aktivix.org/collectives/matilda/squat/yorkshire-forward-solicitor-witness-statement/

Paragraph 14, Sentence 3, made me giggle. If these things were said,
wouldn't it make more sense to say them to the men in suits that took us
to Iraq in the first place, rather than Mr Austin ... i mean, he's about
as responsible for that, as we are ourselves.

There's talk of a march in September ...

[ [sheffieldagainstwar] March to Manchester - Planning Meeting ]

> Dear All,
>
> Plans are underway in Sheffield for a march to the 23 September demonstration in Manchester at the Labour Party Conference (for more information see the website: www.stopwar.org.uk).
>
> We are having a planning meeting this 7.30pm, Wednesday 21 June, Highfield Library, London Road, Sharrow.
>
> If you have any bright ideas with regards the march, in particular the route and so on - please bring them along. We have already had an encouraging response from a number of different groups and individuals.
>
> All for Now,
> Best,
> Angela Shann,
> on behalf Sheffield Stop the War Coalition.

I've heard it from other sources also.

Maybe Manchester would be a good place to decamp.