[matilda] ASSIST benefit

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Mar 21 19:52:44 GMT 2006

this was passed through to me .. I'm not part of ASSIST but this may be of
interest to some here.
---

Fundraising benefit for ASSIST (Asylum Seekers Support Initiative Short Term)

Friday 24th March, Cactus Club, Earsham Street, Pitsmoor
9pm-4am. Live music: Amiko, playing dub/rock!
DJ's: breakbeat, house, techno
Food available

Suggested donation: Five pound on the door. Free to asylum seekers

ASSIST Sheffield provides practical help and support to asylum seekers in the
city. Their job is huge and they rely largely on donations and voluntary
labour.

Earsham Street is behind Ellesmere Green in Pitsmoor. Get the 75, 76, 97 buses
from city centre. Get off on Spital Hill.

  Please support this event and pass this message on

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily