[matilda] LGBT Collective

Heather Paterson hmpaterson at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 9 01:00:18 BST 2006

Evening all,

As some of you will be aware the new LGBT collective was set up at this evenings meeting at Matilda. We will be having our first informal meeting this thursday (11th May) at 6pm before the social. Hope to see you all there.

I have made a few notes on proposed aims of the group which we may like to discuss, amend, add to etc as follows:-

AIMS AND OBJECTIVES

✗	 Campaign for equal rights of all people and communities subject to discrimination or abuse on the basis of sexual orientation or expression, gender identity and or HIV status and promote fair, accurate and inclusive representation of individuals and events as a means of challenging discrimination based on the above

✗	Liase with Gig collective to help promote local LGBT artists and events

✗	Provide LGBT safe space / meetings

✗	Provide an activist presence at LGBT events eg. Sheffield Pride

✗	Provide a Queer / LGBT presence at direct actions / demos

✗	Link with other LGBT activist groups eg. Queeruption

✗	Produce a Queer Activist newsletter

If anyone has any comments / suggestions or anything else they would like to discuss feel free to email me or just turn up with your ideas.

Please forward this email to anyone else who may be interested in attending.

Just a quick reminder aswell for anyone who may be interested, there is a pride committee meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday 9th May) at 7pm at the NSPCC centre, George St.

See you all thursday/tomorrow.

Love and Pride

Heather
LGBT Collective