[matilda] An update from your Post Industrial friends

GO sheffield go.sheffield at gmail.com
Thu May 11 16:49:59 BST 2006

Hello everybody,

It's GO here.

We've been away for a while, but don't despair, as we're about to burst into
your lives again like the threat of a global pandemic on ITV. We have been
getting busy in the following ways:

**
*FLAT*
Introducing FLAT, our brand new fanzine about Park Hill. Park Hill
is Sheffield's favourite modernist concrete housing bloc and we love it.
FLAT is an attempt to talk honestly about Park Hill, and about what Park
Hill means to the city. Plus we get to talk about the last 50 years and make
jokes about Mao.

The first issue features a lament for the city's modernist past, a trip back
to 1989, and an enthusiastic piece on the joys of concrete loving written by
recently deceased French auteur Serge Gainsborough (thanks Serge).
As ever it's free. See the bottom of this email for locations.

*GO*
 The next issue of our intolerant rag will be out in the next two weeks.
It's been so long since the last issue that we've had children and grown up.
But hopefully it will be worth the wait. It's about the dead parts of the
city and how you can use them.

*COOLING TOWERS*
Just in case you didn't know, we won Channel 4's Big Art Project
<http://www.channel4.com/bigart>. Channel 4 are about to finalise a curator
for the site, who should be able to help guide us through the process of
choosing artists. And Eon are open to their advances. More news as when get
it.
**
**
*LOCATIONS*

FLAT and GO can be found in the following youth culture nodes:

Rare & Racy
Showroom
Forever Changes
Record Collector
Cafe No 9
Syd and Mallory's
University Architecture Dept.
And also in these drink-ups:
Washington
Grapes
Dulo
Sheaf View
Le Lescar
Forum shops
And loads of other places

Big South Yorks love

GO x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you don't want us to email you please reply with an email titled: NO

--
GO Sheffield

Post-industrial City Lovers