[matilda] :GBT Collective

Heather Paterson hmpaterson at hotmail.co.uk
Sun May 14 21:36:01 BST 2006

Evening All,

Just a quick note to let you know that the LGBT collective is going to have a quick meeting at Matilda at 6pm this thursday (18th May) before the social.

I have attached a flyer type thing that I have knocked up about the group that we can use for the website / posters / flyers etc. Feel free to make any comments / suggestions / amendments.

Some things to talk about on thursday:

"Peace in the Park"
Peace in the Park returns on June 3rd this year. The festival will start with a march for Peace and Understanding from the city centre, reaching the Cemetery at 12 midday, where festivities will continue until 9pm. Peace in the Park festival promotes peace and understanding by bringing together communities through artistic, musical and vocal expression.
This is only a few weeks away so if we want to do something for the march for Peace and Understanding - eg some banner/tshirt making etc we need to be doing it now.
http://www.peaceinthepark.org.uk

"Gay Week" - This will be 5th-11th August (South Yorkshire Pride is scheduled for Saturday 12th August)
We are going to hold a week of LGBT events at matilda in the run up to South Yorkshire Pride.
Events may include film screenings, workshops, gigs, etc or anything else you can think of.

"Queer Anarchist Newsletter"
It was suggested at the last meeting that we produce this monthly. Let us know on thursdya if you want to help out with this or if you have any ideas for things to be included in it. (Possible first edition in June ?)

"Drop-In Sessions"
A suggestion was made at the last meeting to hold some regular LGBT drop in session at Matilda. If anyone is interested in helping out with facilitating these sessions let us know.

"Campaigns Room"
We haven't done anything with this space yet so if there are any volunteers to help do some painting etc so we have a nice useable room all help would be greatfully appreciated.

Please forward this email to anyone else who may be interested.

Love and Pride

Heather
LGBT Collective
http://www.matilda.activix.org