[matilda] Some good things in Sheffield

Go go.sheffield at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:56:36 GMT 2006

Hey folks,

Apologies for this intrusion. It's just that there's some good stuff
happening over the next few weeks in Sheffield, and we thought you might
like to know. Best city in the world etc, etc.

1: KEN GARLAND DOES A TALK
Thursday 30 November, 10 AM, Hubs, Paternoster Row

Ken Garland is a graphic designer. He's basically a genius and a freedom
fighter. He designed the CND logo. He's ace. If you don't know very much
about him, why not join me in Waterstones later where I will read his book
'Communicate' and then not buy it? Or you could come along to hear him talk
about design at the Hubs building (fka the nationally unpopular centre for
former music). Anyone can go. Get in touch with Pam at Dust for more info
pam at studio-dust.com.

2. C90 IS BACK
Friday 01 December, 9pm til 1am, Arundel Gate.

Future-music digital-gabba-core night C90 is back back back. It's in the
Dove N Rainbow Bar which can apparently move around the city like Castle
Duckula, as it's now in the old 101 Bar on Arundel Gate opposite TJ Hughes.
Is it the law that everything in this city is formerly know as something
else? I can't keep up with this at all.

3. NEW ANTI-PUB ACTION
Thursday 07 December, Division Street, next to Fopp la

You know how there's nowhere in town to put drink in your face, apart from
old man boozers and Fresh bars that serve drinks with napkins? Well now
there is. They're opening a new pub which won't be swish and sexy, but will
stay open late and play good music. We're excited. It opens proper on
Thursday 7th. Check out this <http://www.myspace.com/bungalowsandbears>.
It's called Bungalows and Bears.

4. HAWLEY
Tuesday 12th, City Hall, Barkers Pool With The New Fountains

Richard Hawley is amazing. Like someone crooning a history of the 20th
Century and writing songs about love. It's ok to cry.

5. KICKING AGAINST THE PRICKS
Thursday 14th, Halcyon Bar, Divvy Street

A new night that's angry with 1) trendies in plunging v-necks and fake tan
dancing to crap music 2) hippies and jugglers and unicyclists being smug and
dancing to crap music. It's a free party and there's nowt on the telly. Bozz
is djing so it's going to go off like chicken in the vegetable draw.

6. ROUGH DISKO GET LOST
Friday 15th, Club Shhh, The Wrong End of Town

BOOM. Rough Disko do a party in a massive empty space down the Wicker. Feat.
lots of other djs too. And it's til 6 in the morning. Mochten Sie der grosse
info? Go zum here <http://www.myspace.com/roughdisko>

That's it. Get back to work.

Big love

GO X

We're sending you this email because we haven't got anything better to do.
If you'd rather just get on with your job, tell us to QUIT IT and we will.

--
GO Sheffield

Post-industrial City Lovers