[matilda] David Rovics + Atille The Stockbroker - Chesterfield

richard alsop digitalcorruptions at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 13:28:27 GMT 2007

Hello,

Hope you are all well.
I was recently passed on your details from the Sheffield Squatters Support Group.
My name is Richard Alsop I am an independent events organiser and filmmaker/political documentary maker now based or should I say once again based in "gud owd tawn" (Chesterfield) after a lengthy breath of fresh air in Scotland.
Basically, I am wanting to start something very similar to such projects all you guys have been involved in over in Sheffield. I am wanting to open up a building accessible to all relevant groups and organisations, also collaborating weekly events involving multi-media collaboration, visual and audial artists.
I have now been organising events of this sort in Chesterfield for 1 year so it wouldn't be something I am new to. The event I organise bi-monthly was primarily an independent short film night, then it progressed to a night that explored all creative variations, to finally end up where it is today.
I have a 1K rig setup with drumkit, amps, mics, visual projectors, screens. So I am well equipped and have the experience to really kick something off in Chesterfield with a little help with people who have experience in other areas.
I do apologise for trying to sell the idea to you but I am aware that the temptation of Chesterfield wont be that inviting compared to the bright lights of Sheffield and I am sure you all already have something in the pipelines. It is very difficult in Chesterfield to get something started of this sort but all it takes is people.
There is a reason for my direct action and I am more than willing to go into detail with people who are interested and email me back.
I am attaching a couple of posters that I think many of you will be interested in and also to give you some idea of what kind of events I organise.
Please could you forward the posters to all the people who would support such artists.

Hope to see you there.

If any of you are interested in my email please get in touch.

Hope to see you at the gigs.

Thanks

Richard Alsop (Digital Corruptions)