[matilda] Gay Adoption Rights

Michelle Quint msquint at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:55:14 GMT 2007

Today's front of the star - 2 copies - one badly altered by me, and a blank one for you to do your own damage to if you're willing to be creative and post at will. Basically, this  used his press power to show that he was quitting in protest of the laws barring religious groups  from discriminating against gay and lesbian couples who wish to adopt. I say good riddance.  Sheffield support on this issue, which should be a non-issue, would be grand, particularly for Catholic and Christian gay couples who want to adopt children and show off their Christian charity. Feel free to post on indymedia - I don't know how. I just saw the paper today and thought geez louise, one less bigot!Read the full article here:http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=1993856&SectionID=58Michelle
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin Luther King
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:38:54 +0000From: peaceinthepark2005 at yahoo.co.ukSubject: Peace Meal 2007To: matthewtrevelyan at hotmail.com; mikeinsheffield at hotmail.com; mlx81 at hotmail.com; mmichelon at expo-sure.com; mmreid at blueyonder.co.uk; mooson7 at yahoo.co.uk; moses_went_walking at hotmail.com; mpower0 at yahoo.com; mr_chriscarr at hotmail.com; msquint at hotmail.com; N.Stewart at shu.ac.uk; newgraywood at yahoo.com; ngg at totalise.co.uk; noworris at blueyonder.co.uk; openbath at hotmail.com; P.A.Grebby at shu.ac.uk; P.Haywood at shu.ac.uk; P.Peacock at shu.ac.uk; paddygillet at hotmail.com; pagina76 at hotmail.com; peaceinthepark2005 at yahoo.co.uk; peaceintheparkfestival at yahoo.co.uk; petenotbombs at hotmail.com; philip_j_tobler at hotmail.com; pia02hrl at shef.ac.uk; poa02csd at sheffield.ac.uk; purpleiguana at hotmail.com; r_bakewell at hotmail.com; ratboy_lt at hotmail.com; ree.m at blueyonder.co.uk; rhancock-pilsley at fsmail.net; rhubarbtartlet at yahoo.co.uk; riddimtion at yahoo.co.uk; robertkent511 at hotmail.com; robinhastings at hotmail.com; root at iffypop.com; rosehodgson at lycos.com; rowetoby at hotmail.comPeace in the Park is hosting another Peace Meal fundraiser at The Royal Institute for the Blind, Mappin Street, Sheffield.  All proceeds will go towards this year's festival.  Tickets cost £8 and are available from New roots, Glossop Road and Airy Fairy, London Road or by calling 07708 475981     We will treat you to a two course seated meal catering for vegetarians and vegans and will entertain you with a selection of Sheffield's finest bands and DJs  Please see attached flyer.     If you would like to get involved in Peace in The Park 2007 please email or peaceintheparkfestival at yahoo.co.uk or come to the next meeting on 1.2.07 at Highfield Libary on London Road.     Peace!