[matilda] couple of quick cyber actions and upcoming events

julie w juliewhite75 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:29:12 BST 2007

The Highways Agency are inviting comments from the public on the plans to
widen the M1 between Junctions 10-13.  Please write a short email objecting
before Thursday 12 July to
M1J10-13Widening at highways.gsi.gov.uk

If there are enough objections it will force a public enquiry.

Feel free to object on any grounds you like but you could mention
- traffic generation
- unacceptable costs
- increased CO2 emissions
- increased air pollution
- noise

Don't feel you need to put in a long or detailed response - just a few
sentences is fine.

Please sign this e-petition against the Mottram-Tintwistle Bypass -
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/WAIT-Petition/
For information on their campaign see www.saveswallowswood.org.uk

A few dates for your diary -

Saturday 30th June - Campaign Against Climate Change -
'Cut the Carbon' Cyclecade.   (there are events all round the country on
this date - see www.campaigncc.org for details)

Sheffield City Centre, Saturday, 30th June 2007.

Come and help us bring this global message to Sheffield.

Make a placard for your bicycle.   Disguise your bike as a greenhouse, an
iceberg or a rainforest.  Dress up as wind turbine or a polar bear, or come
just as you are.

Assemble at St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane at 2pm.  We will proceed from
there around the city centre to Barker's Pool (opposite the Town Hall),
where we will rally and launch a petition.

For road safety we need to know how many cyclists we be riding.  Please
respond to roblast61 at btinternet.com if you are coming

Not on 2 wheels? We need petitioners too - please contact Rebecca if you can
help: rebeccabryson at hotmail.com 07870 565 011

14-21st August - Climate Camp - Near Heathrow - direct action against the
aviation industry, but also workshops and opportunities for networking.
www.climatecamp.org.uk

Saturday 8th December - the next big march and demonstration against climate
change in London.  see www.camapigncc.org for details.

Cheers,  Julie