[matilda] TONIGHT!! RACOO-OO-OON!

Singing Knives singingknivesrecords at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 13:11:26 GMT 2007

Tonight! Live at the Red House, Solly Street, Sheffield. Doors 8pm.
  Support from some of Northern England's finest noise savants.

  Racoo-oo-oon - The Cave of Spirits Forever (Time-Lag)

Racoo-oo-oon are probably the best new band I've heard this year - a raucous and gloopy mix of Sunburned-style doped-out funk jams cross-bred with a rabid punk attitude and unceremoniously rammed headfirst into wigged-out psychedelic consciousness and raga bliss. Songs on their records have a tendency to be hard-cut into each other whilst veering between a huge variety of sound and moods, creating a dizzying and intoxicating gloop of sounds and spirits. "The Cave of Spirits Forever" is incredibly infectious and uplifting to listen to if you're prepared to follow the band on such a whacked-out ramble through musical countrysides littered with contrasting moods, approaches and results. Wonderfully loopy and delightfully engaging, this is certainyl my favourite "new" music I've stumbled across all year. Nice artwork and packaging too; as can always be expected from Time-Lag. (David Stockwell)

  www.singingknivesrecords.co.uk