[matilda] Who's rules rule? Sat 30th June, Leeds

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu May 3 23:02:45 BST 2007

 From 1pm to 6pm; organised by WDM and Leeds Uni... from the website:
------
This year WDM’s Whose Rules Rule? conference will explore activism past,
present and future – by celebrating and learning from global justice
campaigns. Speakers include Ngugi wa Thiong'o, George Monbiot, Mohau
Pheko and Esther Stanford.

2007 is the bicentenary of the parliamentary abolition of the
transatlantic slave trade. It’s an opportunity to reflect on our past
and learn lessons for the present and the future. Two hundred years of
campaigning and resistance – and two hundred years of ongoing global
injustice.

We will explore the lessons to be learned from the struggle to end the
slave trade. We will share our vision of how today’s inequality is built
on past abuses of power. And we will celebrate the unsung heroes of the
fight against historical and contemporary injustice.
-------
More details and online booking for free at

http://www.wdm.org.uk/news/events/wrr07/

Dan

--
http://www.coveredinbees.org