[matilda] up coming events

julie w juliewhite75 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:02:01 BST 2007

hi,
some of us had a little post climate camp meeting, and one of the things that came out of it is there are already a lot of groups in sheffield working on climate stuff, and we should support them.

For example - Plane Stupid has a sheffield branch - look at www.planestupid.com if you don't know about the group or email them if you want to get involved.

sheffield at planestupid.com

Sheffield Campaign against Climate Change are currently doing a lot to try and influence the council, but this group can be used to organise stunts and direct action around climate change.

on Saturday 22nd September (which is car free day) they will be meeting to do petitioning at 1pm at the Town Hall.
Their next meeting is Tuesday 9th October, 7.30 at Highfield Library, on London Road.

Theres an announce list comes out about once a month with all climate related activities on it - if you want to be on it email jenny.patient at blueyonder.co.uk

World Development Movement are looking for people to lobby their MPs about the climate bill(in a group, so its not scary). if you might be interested contact chris  chrismalins at gmail.com

there a friends of the earth meeting this monday 17th september 8pm in the red deer. (loads of other groups in sheffield including Greenpeace, Greenparty, Sheffield Islamic Network for the Environment etc etc)

International Day against Climate Change Saturday 8th Decemeber in London - there will be buses gonig from Sheffield.  We really want to make this big and positive and successfull and maybe bring together lots of groups who might not normally work together.
If you really can't bear demos or London, consider getting a group together and doing a climate related action or stunt on this day.

Cheers Julie xx