[matilda] FW: Lantern making worshops for schools.-free, get involved in a spectacular community event.

Patrick Amber patrickamber at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:08:13 GMT 2008

Happy New Creativity! Here's some info on the forthcoming Sharrow Lantern Carnival and workshops I thought you may be interested in. The theme for this year is 'Big is Small is Big' - basically playing around scale. Well, that's about the size of it. Please pass onto anyone else you think may be interested. Feel free to contact me 07875 49 44 74 or emai,l or contact Polly (number below)Thanks, Patrick

 Dear Educators and Community group leaders, artists, artistes and lanterneers, The Sharrow Lantern Carnival has been running for over five years now, and it keeps getting bigger and more extravagant. Due to the overwhelming response of the local community to last year's carnival and workshops, we felt it was time share the opportunity with local schools and community groups to get involved in this visually spectacular community event. With willow sticks, tissue paper and imagination we can illuminate the beauty of our exciting and diverse community. This year's Sharrow Lantern Carnival will be held on Saturday the 5th of April 2008. Creative Action Network are hosting workshops, beginning this Saturday, 12pm-4pm (12/01/08) and next Saturday (19/01/08 12-4pm) at the Highfield Trinity Church (London Road, S2). These two dates are specifically for people and groups who wish to run lantern-making workshops, themselves, in their community group or school.This is a great opportunity to raise the profile of your school or group within the community and to get involved in a fun event which is enjoyed enormously by children and adults alike! We will provide training in the design, construction and illumination of lanterns and, of course, cover health and safety issues. We will also advise about funding and procuring of materials.You are invited to send up to two representatives from your school/ group to be taught to run lantern- making workshops.  Please contact Polly Perkins on 0776 397 0686 to book your place at these workshops or for more info on the Sharrow Lantern Carnival.For examples of our previous events, log on to www.creativeaction.net or type sharrow lantern carnival into myspace or google!

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!

Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!