[Minorcompositions] i hate war but i hate our enemies even more

Minor Compositions minorcompositions at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 12:03:13 UTC 2019

Now available for direct ordering and/or free download…

i hate war but i hate our enemies even more
Heath Schultz & Becky Nasadowski

Arranged from a partisan perspective in the era of the uprising, i hate
war, but i hate our enemies even more is an unconventional textual
object that uses détournement, collage, and experimental writing against
reactionary liberalism, capitalism, and white supremacy.

Critical theory, police propaganda, militant cinema, country songs,
activist histories, and white reactionary protests are used as raw
material to stage ideological juxtapositions. George Wallace speaks to
Stokely Carmichael in Watts. Radio Raheem hears conservative country
music through his boombox while telling the story of Love and Hate.
Darren Wilson supporters share the stage with Al Sharpton. Peter
Watkins’ Communards sing La Marseillaise and Bill Withers sings
Grandma’s Hands in the same set.

In these conjunctions, we find the reproduction of struggle and the
potential for short-circuiting the reproduction of white supremacy. This
book aims to enact a critical theory of the spectacle as it joins the
practical movement of negation within society.

Biography: Heath Schultz is a research-based artist and writer. His work
addresses questions of institutional critique, activism, contemporary
politics, and the political efficacy of art. He is an assistant
professor of art at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Becky Nasadowski is a designer and design educator at the University of
Tennessee at Chattanooga. Her research takes a critical,
multi-disciplinary approach to design, contextualizing the field within
discussions of race, gender, and class.

PDF available freely online: http://www.minorcompositions.info/?p=937

Ordering Information: Available direct from Minor Compositions now for
the special price of £8

Official release to the book trade in September 2019.

64 pages
Trim: 5.5 x 8.5
UK: £13 /US: $17
ISBN 978-1-57027-360-5

--
Minor Compositions is a series of interventions
& provocations drawing from autonomous politics,

http://www.minorcompositions.info
https://twitter.com/minorcomps
http://www.facebook.com/groups/255105881183214/