[Minorcompositions] Podcast Episode 4: The Weight of the Printed Word with Steve Wright

Minor Compositions minorcompositions at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:53:30 UTC 2022

*Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 4: The Weight of the Printed Word
with Steve Wright*
https://fireflyfrequencies.org/podcasts/minor-compositions

In this episode we have a conversation with Steve Wright, about his book
/The Weight of the Printed Word: Text, Context and Militancy in
Operaismo/. In it we discuss the role of print production and document
work in the history of Italian operaismo and autonomist Marxism. What
role did the production of various forms of print material play in the
emergence of these politics, and how did they change and develop along
with how the movements themselves evolved?

Steve Wright is a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Information
Technology, Monash University. He has written widely on operaismo,
including Storming Heaven: Class Composition and Struggle in Italian
Autonomist Marxism (2002).

Opening / outro music: The Potere Operaio Anthem, as sung by Oreste
Scalzone and Comrades

--
Minor Compositions is a series of interventions
& provocations drawing from autonomous politics,

http://www.minorcompositions.info
https://twitter.com/minorcomps
http://www.facebook.com/groups/255105881183214/